EU/EEA citizens

The below guide takes you through the steps you need to take, when you move to Denmark as a EU/EEA citizen. Check the green box for a list of the documents you need for the process.

1. Accommodation

2. EU-residence card

  • You have to obtain your EU-residence proof prior to acquiring your CPR no.
  • Download the form "Od1" from
  • Hand in the form at ICS Odense, Dannebrogsgade 3, 5000 Odense C on Wednesdays 8.30am.-12.30pm. or Thursdays 12-4pm. or at SIRI. Find adresses for SIRI at

3. Civil registration (CPR) & Healthcare card

  • Report at Citizen Service Centre, Torvegade 74 in Esbjerg for Civil registration and CPR (let the Citizen Service Centre know if you need your CPR no. ASAP.)
  • Please book a time-slot in advance here: Booking
  • You will receive a healthcare card within 14 days after registration. 
  • If you have an employment contract you can get your CPR while you are at ICS in Odense.

4. NemID (digital signature)

  • Ask for NemID at the Citizen Service Centre, at ICS in Odense or at your bank. (Make sure you only get one NemID)
  • Find more information on NemID here

5. Tax card

  • To get a tax card you can call foreign Tax at Tel. 7222 2892
  • If you get your CPR no. at ICS, you can also have your Tax card made here.
  • Find more information on taxes in Denmark here

6. eBoks & Digital Post

  • Sign up at, choose Ny bruger / New User
  • Make sure to click yes to activate and synchronize with Digital Post
  • When registered you can use eBoks in English and/or as an app
  • If you do not wish to receive post digitally, you can apply for exemption at the Citizen Service
  • For further information read more about eBoks or Digital Post

7. Bank account

  • Contact the bank where you wish to open an account
  • Remember to ask for a “NEM konto” (designated bank account) and “Dankort” (credit card)

8. Blue Healthcare card

  • If you plan to travel outside Denmark you can acquire a Blue Healthcare card at (using NemID) or at the Citizen Service Centre


Needed documents

- Two passport photos

- Passport

- Birth certificate (children)

- Marriage certificate (if married)

- Address in Denmark

- EU-residence permit (when obtained)

- Civil registration no. (when obtained)

- Contract of employment (if obtained)